Once you have installed an awesome vinyl wrap on your car, for sure you want to make it last forever. Forever is a long time but with the following tips on wrap cleaning and care, your vinyl film will look its best for many years.
- Try to park your car in shaded areas as often as possible. Protect the wrap from UV rays to preserve the film’s colors and graphics.
- Remove any stains immediately. Use very hot soapy water to wash away bug splatters, bird droppings, fuel spills, and other difficult stains. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Constantly clean the wrap from gunk and dust, which might destroy the film and damage the graphics.
- Avoid abrasive polishes and cutting compounds, and never use polishing or wax products on matte or textured wraps.
- Wash your car regularly. Hand washing is always the best. Spray a mixture of water and liquid, non-abrasive detergent on a soft cloth. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean microfiber cloth.
- If you want to use pressure washing, keep in mind the following three rules:
- Water pressure should be below 2000 psi, and water temperature – below 180 °F.
- Use a spray nozzle that features a 40-degree/wide-angled spray pattern.
- While washing, keep the nozzle perpendicular to the graphics and at least one foot away.
If further cleaning is needed, bring your car to Monumental Workx!
We use high-quality professional vehicle wrap care products and state-of-the-art cleaning equipment.
Give us a quick call at (858) 291-8200 to schedule an appointment.