When you search for car perfection and full protection, it is hard to choose between the premium brands of car window tints. We decided to make your choice easier by preparing this short analysis, comparing the most well-known brands for window film – Llumar Tint versus 3M Tint.
What is Llumar tint?
Llumar is a premium car window tint brand, being the world’s largest manufacturer of window film. Recently, Llumar became known for its two new lines: the Metallized tint that maximizes heat and UV rejection; and the ultra-advanced nano-technology ceramic tint that eliminates interference with signals for GPS, keyless entry, satellite radio, smartphones, and other devices.
Pros or why you should consider Llumar tint for your car:
- The brand provides a diverse range of high-quality films
- All Llumar tints block 99% of UV rays and reduce the fading of the car’s interior surfaces
- The tint rejects up to 63% of solar heat and 90% of glare
- It blends flawlessly with your car’s finish and it is highly customizable
- Llumar tint offers shattered glass protection, in case the windows break.
Cons of installing a Llumar film:
- Some clients considered the Llumar tints a bit darker than those of other brands they tried.
What is 3M tint?
3M is also one of the leading manufacturers of window film, providing high-quality tints for cars. Their newest line – the Christalline window tint – is a multi-layered film, with about 200 ultra-thin layers, providing heat-protection power to car windows.
What are the pros of installing a 3M tint?
- The brand offers films that range in price and performance from basic privacy tints to ceramic and nano-technology films
- The 3M film shields up to 99% of UV rays
- It blocks heat up to 60% and glare up to 93%
- Its ultra series line is tear-resistant
As for the cons, the clients observed that:
- The 3M film is less accessible in terms of price
- The brand invests less in the aesthetics
LLumar vs. 3M tint
- Both brands provide a limited lifetime warranty when installed by authorized professionals.
- The brands provide similar protection against heat.
- All Llumar tints block 99% of UV, while some 3M films provide less than this.
- The 3M film is slightly better in reducing glare.
Security & privacy
- Both brands invest in providing different levels of privacy and security, depending on the customers’ needs.
- With Llumar is easier to reach perfection in installing a window tint, and it is highly customizable.
In conclusion, both brands have built a solid reputation in car window tinting by consistently delivering high-quality films. However, at a more accessible price, Llumar provides the same premium quality tints like 3M, while putting more emphasis on aesthetics and appearance of the cars.
Ready to order new window tints for your car? Get a free estimate from us!